These lessons are designed to help students learn about Mississippi’s Black Bear. They are written for a 3rd grade curriculum level.
BEaR would like to thank the following organizations for aiding in the creation of the lessons: Mississippi Museum of Natural Science, Mississippi State University Extension Service, Mississippi Wildlife Federation, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- Bear Sightings Map Activity (PDF)
- Bear Story Vocabulary Words (PDF)
- The Story of the Teddy Bear (PDF)
- Teacher’s “Cheat Sheet” for the Story of the Teddy Bear (PDF)
- Mississippi’s Teddy Bear Timeline (PDF)
The photos below may be downloaded and used for educational purposes only. To view a full size image, click on a thumbnail image below. To save to your computer, right click and select “Save as.”